Okay seriously. This is waaaay long overdue. No pun intended. So here is the story of a little girl's birth. On August 1st at 3:30 a.m. I called labor and delivery at Evergreen about some more than normal bleeding. I'd had some history of bleeding at thirty weeks due to a cervical polyp, so I figured that this was related to that. But needless to say any amount of blood is cause for concern in pregnancy. We were told to come into the hospital. Mike and I were pretty convinced they would send us back home, but we still made sure our bags were packed into the car and left the house in quite a panic.
Once there I went to triage where I was examined and Bronwyn's heart rate was monitored. The little bugger was rather unresponsive. I knew she was probably just sleeping but when juice and changing positions didn't do much to wake her up, they decided to admit me to labor and delivery and start me on pitocin. To make a long story short, I was given pitocin around 8 that morning and by 12 was 4 cm dilated and ready for the epidural big time. Right when we were settling down to take a long nap, around 2, Bronwyn decided to make her presence known instead. At 2:59 she made her formal appearance into the world. I was really numb from the epidural, but I swear it felt like she just slipped out.
While the labor was smooth, unfortunately the placenta refused to deliver. I was rushed back to the OR and had to have a D and C. After an hour and a fairly major blood loss, I was reunited with Mike, my parents, and my new little girl.
Happy Birthday Miss B! 6 pounds 6 oz, 20.5 inches and 2 days early.

No comments:
Post a Comment