So the long awaited day has come and gone and we found out that we are having a little girl! Between a very full bladder and a frozen ultrasound machine, the anticipation was almost unbearable for me. I suppose the uncooperative machine was a mixed blessing though, as the tech let me go use the bathroom which made the experience much more pleasant. I was also happy to see that the baby looked much more human this time. Of course that didn't stop me for mistaking the legs for a profile of her face, but eventually even I could tell that what we were looking at was a baby. Initially the baby had her legs crossed making it difficult for the tech to see anything, but after laying on my side for awhile she cooperated and we were able to to hear the news that we were having a girl. Something I had thought initially but then I started doubting my intuition after a series of "It's a boy!" dreams. Hopefully that is not foreshadowing for the delivery day. So little girl Sprunger looks healthy and all of her organs seem to be in good working order. I'm starting to feel movement more often and her kicks are much stronger. Here is a picture of me at 19 weeks 3 days. Excuse the windblown hair and dying plant. The hair is due to just coming back from walking Chicken, and we have no excuse for the plant, let's just hope we are more responsible parents.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Week 19
So the long awaited day has come and gone and we found out that we are having a little girl! Between a very full bladder and a frozen ultrasound machine, the anticipation was almost unbearable for me. I suppose the uncooperative machine was a mixed blessing though, as the tech let me go use the bathroom which made the experience much more pleasant. I was also happy to see that the baby looked much more human this time. Of course that didn't stop me for mistaking the legs for a profile of her face, but eventually even I could tell that what we were looking at was a baby. Initially the baby had her legs crossed making it difficult for the tech to see anything, but after laying on my side for awhile she cooperated and we were able to to hear the news that we were having a girl. Something I had thought initially but then I started doubting my intuition after a series of "It's a boy!" dreams. Hopefully that is not foreshadowing for the delivery day. So little girl Sprunger looks healthy and all of her organs seem to be in good working order. I'm starting to feel movement more often and her kicks are much stronger. Here is a picture of me at 19 weeks 3 days. Excuse the windblown hair and dying plant. The hair is due to just coming back from walking Chicken, and we have no excuse for the plant, let's just hope we are more responsible parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteDid your tummy shrink from last week? Also, when do we get to see a tummy shot of Mike?! :)
ReplyDelete